The Board of Trustees of Northwestern University establishes policies for the governance of the University and is responsible for general oversight of the management of the institution. The major responsibilities of the Board include:
1) advancement of the University;
2) protection and enhancement of assets;
3) preservation of institutional integrity;
4) Board/President relations; and
5) functioning of the Board.
Questions concerning the University's Board of Trustees should be directed to the Office of the Vice President for Administration and Planning.